Regardless of relationship status, Valentine’s Day in Austin offers lots of activities, restaurants, parties, and events for everyone to enjoy. There are so many fun things to do on the 14th—you simply need to know where to look.
Since we’ve been helping residents find their place in Austin for over 45 years, we pulled together the following list of fun ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day in our area.
Watch a movie
Heading to the movies is another classic Valentine’s Day date idea, but as with everything in Austin, we find ways to take it to a whole new level. Alamo Drafthouse, in particular, is holding several movie events on the 14th that you won’t want to miss:
- The Princess Bride Movie Party at the Alamo Drafthouse Village
- Terror Tuesday: My Bloody Valentine at the Alamo Drafthouse at the Ritz
- Titanic Feast at the Alamo DrafthouseLakeline
As lovely as it is to spend time coupled up on Valentine’s Day, why not give yourself some much-needed care and attention? Schedule a massage, splurge on something you’ve always wanted, or head out for a fun night on the town. And, speaking of which, here are a few events singles can enjoy on V-Day:
- Bat City Bombshells 9th Annual Anti-Valentine’s Day Show at Grizzly Hall
- WhichCraft Valentine’s Day Beer, Cheese, and Chocolate Pairing!
- Arrogant Valentine’s Celebration at Banger’s with Stone Brewing
- Be My Valentine Bash – Relish Singles Event – Speed Dating in Austin
Spend a night out on the town
If you’re looking for the perfect date-night restaurant, you’d be hard-pressed to find a bad one in Austin. But if you want to do something more than dinner and drinks, check out the following unique activities:
- Valentine’s Day Glassblowing Class by Wimberley Glassworks
- Lovebird Paddle on Lady Bird Lake by Rowing Dock
- Disconnect to Reconnect for Valentine’s Day at Pinot’s Palette
Whip up a fancy meal at home
Sometimes a nice meal at home can be just as special as going out. But if cooking isn’t really your thing, try take out from any of the following local joints (or your Austin favorite):
- ALC Steaks
- Cooper’s Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que
- Galaxy Cafe
- Nan King Restaurant
- Tarka Indian Kitchen
- Titaya’s Thai Cuisine
- Vince Young Steakhouse
And of course, if you’re looking for the perfect love nest or full-sized kitchen to show off your culinary prowess, let us know. We can help you find the perfect home to fit the needs of you and your loved ones.