It’s been a long, rocky year and many of us are more than ready to see it go. But no matter how 2016 went, we all need to make sure this New Year’s Eve in Austin is the best one yet.
If you’re ready to ring out the old and ring in the new here in Austin, you can’t go wrong with any of the following New Year’s Eve events.
Party the night away
There are several clubs throughout Austin that throw fantastic New Year’s Eve bashes every year—the only challenge is picking which one to attend.
- Speakeasy: This year, Speakeasy is promising to go even bigger than last year with upgraded VIP options, reserved seating, the hottest DJs and more.
- Justine’s Exquisite Underground: Justine’s is promising “A dream state, with neon lights + radiant clouds, constructed from our favorite underground dance scenes of the last half century.”
- The Highball: This party will be a “laser-lit, confetti-filled, champagne-flavored dance party extravaganza.” What’s not to love about that?
Ring in the New Year with incredible music
We lost so many music legends this year that ringing in 2017 with incredible music just feels right. Here are a few of the live music New Year’s Eve parties happening around the city:
- A Celebration Of Music From The 1980s
Where: Cheer up Charlie’s
- Bob Schneider’s New Year’s Eve Party
Where: Paramount Theatre
- New Years Eve: The Nightowls with Derrick Davis Band
- NYE 1989!
Where: Hotel Vegas & The Volstead
- Willy Nelson & Family New Year
Where: ACL Live
Toast to the good old days
These Austin-area New Year’s Eve parties will send you back in time, as you count down to the future.
- Feathers and Fedoras: Indulge in the Roaring Twenties with this gangster-themed party at The Belmont.
- New Year’s Eve 90s Prom: Party like it’s 1999 at Emo’s 90s-themed New Year’s Eve bash.
- Old Fashioned New Year’s Party: This Mad-Men inspired party will be taking place in the Lobby Lounge at Austin’s Four Seasons Hotel.
The City of Austin is hosting a New Year’s Eve celebration on the Auditorium Shores, transforming the area into, “A wonderland of music, art, special performances and of course, Austin’s legendary food favorites.” There will be several live music performances, plus lots of food trucks and activities for the kids. The event starts at 3:00 p.m. on December 31 and ends at 10:00 p.m. with the fireworks finale.
Do you know of a New Year’s Eve event not on this list? Hit one of the share buttons below and add your suggestion as a post!